Mars Hill College
- Interlibrary loan, or ILL, is a cooperative service among libraries which allows Mars Hill College
students, faculty and staff to acquire materials not available in Renfro Library.
- MHC students, faculty and staff who do not have any overdue library materials or owe any overdue
fines may request materials via ILL. Local patrons and visitors will be referred to local public
libraries for ILL services.
- To use ILL, first determine that the materials you need are not available in our collection.
You may request the materials you need, by email to, email@example.com,
or with a form available at the Circulation Desk. Forms need to be signed by a librarian. Just 5 books may be requested per patron
at a time. You may request additional books as your earlier requests are returned, i.e., return 1 request another 1, etc. The materials
may be picked up at the Circulation desk after receiving notice, most often via email, that it has arrived. Return ILL books to the
Renfro Library Circulation desk by the due date indicated. Due dates are set by the lender, not Renfro Library. Articles do not need to
- Renfro Library does not charge for ILL services unless the lender attaches charges to the loan. In those
cases, charges are passed on to the borrower. If the book is returned damaged, or is lost, the patron
will be charged. Patrons who do not pick up ILL items will be charged a $5 fee.
- ILL requests are usually processed on the day they are received and generally the materials arrive
within a week or two, depending on availability and the mail system.
- ILL items may only be renewed once. Renewal requests must be submitted at least 3 days before the
indicated due date by email firstname.lastname@example.org,
by phone at ext. 1443 or in person at the Renfro Library Circulation desk.
- When requesting a renewal, include your name, the ILL# on the front of the book, and your email
- Renewal is determined by the lender. Renewal requests submitted after the due date will not be
processed. Patrons who fail to return or renew their interlibrary loan items on or before the due
date will have their borrowing privileges blocked until the material is returned.
- Overdue ILL materials have a fine of $1 a day, and borrowing privileges will be blocked until
the material is returned.
- For further questions, please contact Rachel Mitchell at email@example.com, ext. 1443, or stop by
the Circulation desk at Renfro Library.
- Renfro Library does not lend reference books, audiovisuals, microforms, electronic books,
or special collections materials. We do not lend to libraries outside of the United States.
There are no lending fees associated with Renfro Library materials.