top 10 reasons to work in renfro library
- 10. You will learn skills that will help you become a better student.
- 9. You will become a valued member of a fun and interesting team.
- 8. You will learn skills that are useful for any job.
- 7. It will look good on your resume.
- 6. Extensive library hours make it easier to schedule work.
- 5. The library is easy to get to from anywhere on campus.
- 4. It is air-conditioned.
- 3. The library staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
- 2. The library is a great place to meet people.
- 1. The library is THE place to be!
public services assistant:
- Student positions at the Circulation Desk require quality customer service skills, punctuality, and reliability. A willingness to help is expected. A comfort level with basic computer operation is required. Students should be able to work independently. Primary duties include checking in and out materials, giving directions and explaining where items can be found, and answering the phone. Additionally, students will work in the library stacks, re-shelving materials and maintaining order. Working in the stacks involves attention to detail. Students will be responsible for putting items back in accurate order on the shelves. Other miscellaneous tasks will be assigned as needed. Work shifts are scheduled between 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM as well as some weekend hours.
technical services assistant:
- Positions require attention to detail and the physical handling of books, boxes of books, etc. These are not public service positions. There are no evening or weekend hours; students must work their hours between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.