Mars Hill College
- There are eight computers in the center of the main floor. Six are reserved for library
research and two are devoted to printing. Twenty-two public computer workstations are available throughout
the main floor of the library for personal e-mail correspondence, word processing, and other computer related
activities. The library has added thirty new laptops for use in the library. In addition, the computer lab in Wall
109 is open Sun. through Thur. from 9:00pm to 1:00am.
- Thirty laptops are available for check out to use in the library. The check out period is three hours. Upon the
initial laptop checkout, students will be asked to fill out a contract regarding responsibility for the laptop.
Click here to view the contract. Borrowers
are financially responsible for material that is lost or stolen while checked out to them, so equipment should never be
left unattended. Every hour or portion of an hour that a laptop is overdue, a fine of $10 will be added to the users account.
Once the laptop has been shut down, all information is lost. You must save your data to your J drive, flash drive, or other
- To encourage collaborative learning, Renfro Library provides access to six group study rooms available
for student use. These rooms may be reserved in advance, or are available on a first-come-first-serve
basis. The third floor of the library houses eleven individual study carrels that can be checked out at the circulation desk.
The study carrels can be checked out for three hours at a time, and each carrel is equipped with a desktop PC.
Group study rooms and individual carrels are available all hours that the library is open, including nights and weekends.
- Willfully attempting to leave with materials that are not checked out is a violation of the Student
Code of Conduct, college policy, and state law. The library staff has the right to search a patron's
possessions for library materials. All students are required to display or surrender their ID card upon request of a
college faculty or staff member. Any Renfro library user who steals, destroys or defaces books, periodicals, microforms,
computers or other library property, including the removal of pages from books or periodicals will be reported to Campus
Security, the Dean of Students and to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. Sanctions for theft and
vandalism of library property may include restitution, payment of processing fees or monetary fines, and will be determined
by the Renfro Director of Library Services in consultation with the Dean of
Students. To view North Carolina law click
- The Library Lost and Found is located at the Circulation Services Desk.
- Food and tobacco products are prohibited in the library; however, you may bring in covered drinks.
Food and uncovered drinks are prohibited because they present a hazard to library materials and
equipment. Direct contact of these products with books, periodicals, computers, and other equipment
will cause damage to those items. Even the residue - crumbs, small spills, etc. - attracts pests
such as ants, roaches, and even mice. These pests will harm and eventually destroy books, magazines,
and other materials.
- Likewise, tobacco products will damage library materials. Smoke is a serious hazard to books and other
printed publications. In addition, all buildings at Mars Hill College are smoke-free, so smoking is
obviously not allowed in the library. Also, chewing tobacco -particularly its juice - will attract pests
in the same way that food and drink do, so those products are not allowed in the library.
- Please be considerate of others around you. Lengthy phone conversations should be taken into the
Library foyer, and audio devices should be kept at a level at which only you can hear.
- Photocopy machines and printers are available in the library. Currently, there is no charge for MHC
students, faculty, and staff. Do not abuse this privilege! Photocopying material unrelated to school work and excessive
photocopying is prohibited.
- Copies are $.10 cents per page for local patrons.
- During the fall and spring semesters, Renfro Library is open Monday through Thursday from 7:45am - 10:00 pm,
Friday from 7:45am - 4:00 pm, Saturday from 12:00pm - 4:00pm, and Sunday from 2:00pm - 10:00pm. Summer hours are Monday through
Thursday from 8:00 - 5:00, and Friday from 8:00 - 4:00.
- Click here for information on
- Click here for information on interlibrary loan policies.
- Click here for information on reserve policies.