Mars Hill College
renfro library mission statement
- The Mars Hill College academic community promotes intellectual, spiritual, and personal growth by
providing an education grounded in the liberal arts, connected with the world of work, and committed
to character development. The Renfro Library facilitates the mission of the college by providing
resources and services that support and enhance the programs in the five divisions of Business and
Behavioral Sciences; Education; Fine Arts; Humanities; Mathematics and Sciences. An integral part of
the academic community, the Library selects, organizes, and provides:
- Access to material collections that are relevant to curriculum and research needs.
- Access to electronic resources and physical material not located in the Library.
- Cooperative borrowing privileges through Interlibrary Loan.
- Reciprocal agreements and consortia arrangements with other libraries and organizations.
- Instruction in the use of library resources and information literacy.
- The Library maintains a highly qualified professional and paraprofessional staff that is responsive
to individual needs and enables the students, faculty, and staff of Mars Hill College to fully utilize
all available resources necessary to support the mission of the college.