developing a research strategy
- Introduces techniques and skills when conducting research using both print and online tools.
searching the catalog
- Learn about search options and choose the one that's right for a specific search.
using subject headings
- Learn about Library of Congress Subject Headings and how they can improve your search results
in the library's catalog.
using dewey decimal system
- Browse the Dewey Decimal Classification System for a general topic or idea.
locating the full-text of articles
- When you have a citation, find the articles you need.
scholarly journals vs. popular magazines
- Distinguish between scholarly journals, trade journals, and popular magazines.
- Provides guidelines on identifying and choosing reliable Web sites.
citation guides and plagiarism
- Access to style manuals such as APA, MLA, and Chicago Manual of Styles.
using and, or, and not to search
- Introduces combining concepts and boolean searching.
primary, secondary, and tertiary sources
- Provides information on how to differentiate between primary, secondary, and tertiary sources.
frequently asked questions