apa format and style guide
- This guide, revised according to the 5th edition of the APA manual, offers examples for the
general format of APA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the reference
chicago manual of style online
- Searchable online access to the 16th (2010) edition. Also includes Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide, and Chicago
Style Q and A (editors' answers to questions submitted by readers, updated monthly).
mla format and style guide
- This resource, updated to reflect the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (6th ed.) and
the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (2nd ed.), offers examples for the general
format of MLA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes/footnotes, and the Works Cited page.
writer's handbook - documentation styles
- Provides information and sample entries for citing both traditional and electronic resources
in the major documentation styles, including APA, MLA, CBE, and Chicago. (Writing Center,
University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- "There are few intellectual offenses more serious than plagiarism in academic and professional contexts.
This resource offers advice on how to avoid plagiarism in your work."
plagiarism: what it is and how to recognize and avoid it.
- Provides information and strategies for avoiding plagiarism and includes examples of proper
paraphrasing. (Indiana University)