new electronic resources
- An Internet-based collection of electronic journals published by scholarly societies, museums and other organizations in the biological, ecological and environmental
sciences. Articles are full text, and include all illustrations and links from the original printed articles.
criminal justice abstracts
- This resource includes bibliographic records and full text covering essential areas related to criminal justice and criminology.
encyclopedia of social work
- An online collaboration between the National Association of Social Workers (NASW Press) and Oxford University Press (OUP). This resource provides overviews on key social work concepts, and is updated on a monthly basis.
- A searchable archive of core scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, natural sciences and social sciences. Goes
back to the first issue of every journal title, included but does not provide the most current 3-5 years worth of articles. Searching is
by keyword, as no indexing is available
oxford bibliographies - atlantic history
- Atlantic history is a fast developing field of historical inquiry that operates upon new assumptions about how to
understand the remarkable nature of interactions between different peoples and cultures on four continents and many islands in the period
between Columbus’ voyages to the New World in the late fifteenth century and the end of slavery in the Americas in the late nineteenth
century. Oxford Bibliographies accesses the information that as scholars and students is needed to master this rapidly changing
oxford bibliographies - biblical studies
- The modern academic study of the Bible is a highly technical and multifaceted field. Oxford Bibliographies in
Biblical Studies provides students and scholars with a reliable and authoritative solution to the problem of information overload.
oxford bibliographies - childhood studies
- The scholarly study of children and young people is a relatively new multidisciplinary effort that spans multiple
epistemologies and methodologies, making it challenging for students and scholars to stay informed. From psychology to labor rights, from
ethics to education, Oxford Bibliographies in Childhood Studies will offer a trustworthy pathway through the thicket of information
oxford bibliographies - criminology
- As a discipline which examines crime as a social phenomenon, criminology is a constantly changing and expanding
field. Oxford Bibliographies in Criminology is a much-needed online guide to the essential literature across the various subfields of
oxford bibliographies - education
- From teacher retention strategies to early childhood development, the study of education features a range of
disciplines including psychology, sociology, history, economics, philosophy, anthropology, and political science. Oxford Bibliographies
in Education provides students and scholars with reliable, selective, and authoritative guides to the best literature in the field.
oxford bibliographies - latin american studies
- Area studies in general have proliferated in the latter half of the twentieth century and Latin American studies in
particular has been propelled forward as a distinct field of study by major international changes. As the field continues to grow, to
shape and be shaped by global politics, scholars are faced with an ever-increasing amount of new information. Oxford Bibliographies in
Latin American studies offers bibliography initiatives on- and offline by providing expert commentary to help users find, negotiate, and
assess the large amount of information readily available to them.
oxford bibliographies - management
- Management is the process of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling an organization’s financial, physical,
human, and information resources in ways intended to achieve and maintain organizational effectiveness. Oxford Bibliographies in
Management will offer students and researchers alike a reliable, up-to-date, and authoritative guide to the best literature in the field.
oxford bibliographies - music
- Oxford Bibliographies in Music takes a pragmatic approach, based on the past and emerging literature about music.
Each article, written and reviewed by top scholars in the field, is rich with citations and annotations, expert recommendations, and
narrative pathways to the most important works for virtually all areas of music.
oxford bibliographies - philosophy
- Philosophy is one of the oldest areas of study with a long history of critical literature, and it remains a highly
active field for new research and publishing. The result being that today’s students and researchers have ready access to overwhelming
array of potentially useful primary texts, journal articles, reference works, and a wide range of other resources. Oxford Bibliographies
in Philosophy is designed to provide authoritative guidance.
oxford bibliographies - psychology
- The discipline of psychology is changing so rapidly that no interested individual can keep up with ongoing advances
in the study of human behavior, animal behavior, and brain science. Fortunately, Oxford Bibliographies in Psychology is a ready, reliable
resource for scholars and researchers, practitioners, teachers, and students to access classic, contemporary, and cutting edge
scholarship in psychology, much of which is now available in online venues.
oxford bibliographies - renaissance and reformation
- The period of the Renaissance and Reformation, which spans roughly from the 14th through 17th centuries, is rich in
history and culture. Oxford Bibliographies Renaissance and Reformation combines the best features of a high-level encyclopedia and the
best features of a traditional bibliography put together in a style that responds to the way people do research online.
- A complete searchable archive of American Vogue, from the first issue in 1892 to the current month, reproduced in
high-resolution color page images. Every page, advertisement, cover and fold-out has been included, with rich indexing enabling you to
find images by garment type, designer and brand names.